Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How to make money in Elance - My first bid

I decided to do something by my own for long time.
So I took the initiative to do something positive instead of just drinking around in the bars of Tokyo and spending time in the net by just browsing or chatting with my friends.

Day 1 to 5
Strategy
1. Elance is a rough place. There are people always there who will work for less and will work better than you.
2. Focus on what can make money for you. If you are a software engineer it is not necessary to go for the software project. You can find something which you may have interest and you think you can provide more value than the band wagon.

My Way
I decided to concentrate on Japanese translation projects.The resons are
1. This category is one the highest paid category in Elance.
2. There is not a lot of outsource for japanese translation.
3. After being in Japan for 7 years I got good contacts of Japanese who will not mind to work from home to earn few extra bucks.
4. I also decided not to take any paid membership in Elance.
5. I created my profile in Elance and put a lot of emphasis in the profile creation itself as that is going to be my first sales pitch to the prospective clients.

I started to look at the project and selected 3 to bid. I put a good amount of personal touch while bidding while also be detailed.

Lets see whether I can get something out of this or not

No comments: